Solar Power Solutions
At Rowland Emergency, we fully understand the impact that the vehicles have on the environment. We are doing our part to try to lesson this by providing solar power panel installations for emergency vehicles. Ultimately, we would like to help Emergency Medical Services reach their long-term community sustainability plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and promoting low-carbon transportation.
SOLAR POWERED FLEET
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- ThermoLite solar panels are specifically created for your temperature-controlled emergency vehicles
- Developed using the latest technology to produce abundant power that extends battery life
- Prevents costly jump starts
- Ideal for long-term battery maintenance and support of parasitic loads (AVL & radio)
- High-efficiency solar cells produce abundant power, even in low light conditions to power and recharge critical on-board medical equipment
- Chemical cleaning and pressure wash compatible
Back in 2016, FireRescue1 did an article on how Solar Panels on an ambulance fleet is an innovative and cost effective approach to using solar energy to supplement the electrical needs of ambulances. The results demonstrate that solar panels can successfully charge the emergency vehicle’s secondary battery which powers on-board equipment such as defibrillators, satellite navigation systems and communication devices, thereby reducing shoreline charging and ensure your fleet is always powered up and ready to go. Before, ambulances had to let their engines run idle while on standby between emergency calls to keep the equipment charged.
FireRescue1. 2016. Solar Panels On Ambulances Save Money. [online] Available at: https://www.firerescue1.com/apparatus/articles/solar-panels-on-ambulances-save-money-fe8kuFPt3szNJVhb/